Live in Fragments No Longer
Despite being ridiculously terrified of spiders, I am completely captivated by webs. I love how they act as reminders of the importance of connection. Connections between the self and others. Connections between dreams and reality. Connections between seemingly disparate ideas.
I’ve been discovering a lot of webs recently, and whilst they entrance me with their silvery complex structure, they also demand an understanding of the importance of connectivity. Here are some photos of the most recent of my finds, followed by some quotes I think you’ll like.
- We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects.
- – Herman Melville
- Creativity is the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.
- – William Plomer
- Our life is composed greatly from dreams, from the unconscious, and they must be brought into connection with action. They must be woven together.
- – Anais Nin
- Only connect! That was the whole of her sermon. Only connect the prose and the passion, and both will be exalted, and human love will be seen at its height. Live in fragments no longer.
- – E.M. Forster
- What do you associate webs with? What connections do you value? Do you think we are more connected now than in the past, or are we more disconnected now than we have ever been?