You know what it’s like; you sit around waiting for a meme, and then two come along at once 😉
First off, Penelope Anne has very kindly nominated Lives Less Ordinary as one of her 5 Most Treasured Blogs.
Thank you, Penelope Anne! It’s so good to know that this blog is read and enjoyed. It makes the effort seem all the more worth while. Of course, as is de rigueur with these awards, I get to choose my own 5 blogs upon which to bestow the title of Treasured Blog. So I’m choosing:
Secondly, Damien has tagged me for the Crazy 8s meme, in which you need to answer the following:
- 8 Things I’m passionate about
- 8 Things I want to do before I die
- 8 Things I often say
- 8 Books I’ve recently or currently reading
- 8 Songs I could listen to over and over
- 8 Things that attract me to my best friends
- 8 People I think should do Crazy 8s
OK (deep breath). Here we go!
8 Things I’m Passionate About
- My kids
- My marriage
- My extended family
- My research
To read more about my passions, you can read my Thursday Thirteen all about them.
8 Things I want to do before I die
- Watch my children grow up into happy, independent, fulfilled adults
- Celebrate my golden wedding anniversary
- Complete my Phd
- Travel to all the continents
- Live in a city centre
- See a live volcano
- Learn the Pride of Erin Waltz
- Visit Kyoto
8 Things I Often Say
- Has anyone seen mummy’s glasses/keys/purse/handbag/remote control/camera/umbrella/address book? (Isn’t that 8 already?)
- Can we stop for a minute while I take a photo?
- Yes, but on the bright side…
- I’ll have a gin and tonic – Bombay Sapphire, full-fat bottled tonic, tall glass, lots of ice, lime and a straw.
- Not that I’m fussy, but…
- Has anyone fed the fish today?
- Another cup of tea?
- Email me
8 Books I’ve Recently Read Or That I’m Currently Reading
- Lisey’s Story – Stephen King
- Thrillers – Jerry Palmer
- The Dark Half – Stephen King
- Misery – Stephen King
- The Language of Popular Fiction – Walter Nash
- Waiting For The Barbarians – J.M. Coetzee
- The Artist’s Way – Julia Cameron
- Write It Down Make It Happen – Henriette Anne Klauser
8 Songs I Could Listen To Over And Over
- Standing In The Way Of Control – The Gossip
- Hold You In My Arms – Ray Lamontagne
- Fluorescent Adolescent – Artic Monkeys
- Valerie – The Zutons
- Stop Me – Mark Ronson Feat. Daniel Merriweather
- Turn Into – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Munich – The Editors
- Far Away – Martha Wainwright
8 Things That Attract Me To My Best Friends
- Great Conversation
- A Love For Life
- Good With my Kids
8 People That I Think Should Do Crazy 8s
Also, if I haven’t tagged you, but you would like to have a go at it, let me know in a comment, and I’ll update this post with a link to your Crazy 8.