8 Random Things About Me
Joanna, over at Confident Writing has tagged me in the ‘8 Random Things About Me’ meme. In her own response to the meme, she included Jeanne Dininni‘s non-rules on memes and tagging, which I just have to share with you here, as they really appeal to me and they resonate with my own approach to memes:
1. Give yourself permission not to complete it if you lack the interest, inclination or inspiration to do so (that way you’ll only write it if you do).
2. Allow yourself to ignore the hurry element:
We need to give ourselves the freedom to take as long as we need to discover whether there is in fact any spark of inspiration buried within us that would allow us to approach the meme with enthusiasm, curiosity, and enjoyment–rather than forcing ourselves into the drudgery of a dreaded task.
3. Focus on the meme and shape it the way you want, make it your own.
How could I resist after reading those rules? So without further ado…
- I was christened on Christmas Eve, and when my parents left the church, the first snowflakes of the season drifted gently down from the heavy sky.
- My birth certificate is signed by Dr. Love.
- I only started taking photos to illustrate my blog posts, and, in so doing, I discovered a new passion for photography.
- I always thought of myself as an indoor person (as opposed to an outdoor person), until recently, when I realised how much I enjoy walking in amongst the Scottish countryside.
- Some of my favourite films are shot in black and white: Sabrina Fair, The Black Swan, A Matter of Life and Death, Some Like It Hot, Rebecca, Roman Holiday, From Here To Eternity…
- I am a really awful housewife. I love to cook, but I hate to clean or tidy or do the laundry or the vacuuming or the ironing or the dusting. Most of the time, I live on the cusp of disorganized chaos.
- I would love to dance a lot more than I do. I used to go clubbing 3 or 4 times a week as a teenager, and I miss the energy that would flow through me, as I danced into the wee hours of the morning.
- I cry very easily. Whether it’s an exquisite piece of music, a beautiful piece of art, a well-acted film, an exceptional animation, a considerate compliment or a simple ‘I love you’, tears begin to course their way down my cheeks. Utterly irrepressible.
Well, those things about me are probably as random as you can get, but I hope you enjoyed reading them. I was going to choose some of you to tag, but instead what I’d like to ask you all to do is share one random thing about yourself in the comments.
Go on – See how random you can be 😉